Celebrate Hanukkah with this Festival of Light Luminary. Made with a KraftyBlok and a selection of mosaic chips, this beautiful glass project is a wonderful way to celebrate the miracle of light. Best of all, you can easily have this on display in your home year-round.
- Original KraftyBlok™
- 2 – 5oz pkgs Jennifer’s Mosaics™ Blue Cathedral Stained Glass Chips
- Contact Paper
- Clear Mosaic Adhesive
- String of Lights or a Lightbulb with a 6’ Cord
- Craft Knife or Scissors
- Krylon® Frosted Glass Finish
- 28” Length of Blue/Silver Ribbon
- 6 Rhinestones
- To protect work surface, cover with newspaper.
- Remove the labels and clean all surfaces of the KraftyBlok™.
- Spray both sides of the KraftyBlok with Frosted Glass Finish following the manufacturer’s instructions, allow to dry.
- While paint is drying, enlarge the pattern to fit the block surface.
- Place pattern on the work surface and tape down.
- Cut a piece of contact paper a little larger than the pattern. Remove the backing from the contact paper and place sticky side up over the pattern, tape into position.
- Nip 3/4” blue cathedral stained glass chips in half and place them along the perimeter of the pattern to form the border. Leave 1/8” between each piece.
- Randomly nip blue cathedral glass tiles into random shapes. Fit shapes like a jigsaw puzzle into the body of the star. MOSAIC TIP: Never nip over the contact paper as it may cause the paper to become less tacky. For nipping instructions, visit our Creative Corner at www.DiamondTechCrafts.com.
- When paint has dried, position the KraftyBlok™ on your work surface, with the 8” x 8” surface side up and the stopper opening facing down, towards you.
- Apply mosaic adhesive to the glass and place the mosaic, glass side down onto the surface of the KraftyBlok™. Allow mosaic to dry overnight.
- When the glue has sufficiently dried (refer to manufacturer’s instructions), remove contact paper.
- Using an adhesive apply one rhinestones between each of the points on the star.
- Wrap a 28” ribbon around the side of the KraftyBlok™ and tuck the ends inside the opening and glue into place.
- Place the light bulb or string of lights inside the KraftyBlok™ for a stunning holiday glow.